Check out this quick and dirty Beer Butt Chicken recipe. I came up with it about 6 months ago when I move into a new apartment and for the first couple of days had an extremely bare kitchen. I did not have any seasonings or sauces – only the basic pots, pans and cutlery. So if you notice there are not a lot of ingredients in this recipe – you are right. But believe it or not, I think it may taste better than most of the recipes out there. Anyway, check out the video above to see it in action. The recipe details are below.
For the Chicken
3.5-lbs Whole Chicken
1 Package Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning
1 Package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
3/4 Can Beer (Tecate)
For the Veggies
2 Red Onions
0.5-lbs Green Beans
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Cumin
2 Tbs Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Rinse chicken well inside an out.
3. Pat bird completely dry with paper towels.
4. To make the rub: Mix the pulled pork package and the ranch dressing package in a bowl.
5. Massage the rub into the meat – under the skin and then all over the outside of the bird’s skin as well as inside the cavity.
6. Drink a can of beer until there is only 3/4ths of it left and then add 1 tsp of rub to the can.
7. Place the chickens “bottom” on to the can standing the bird up on the open end.
8. Remove all but the lowest rack on the oven and place the standing bird on the bottom rack.
9. Let the bird cook for 45 minutes to an hour.
10. Transfer chicken carefully off of the beer can and onto cutting board.
11. Let rest 5-10 minutes and then carve and eat that bad bird up!
1. Rough cut the veggies up.
2. Place them in a skillet with the olive oil on medium heat.
3. After 5 minutes add the Oregano, Cumin and Garlic.
4. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add salt and peper.